Suppliers These are almost all U.K. based, like me, making it easier for me to contact or visit them. I do not link with any company I have not bought from, or had dealings with.
MacCulloch and Wallis
- Fabric, millinery, corsetry supplies and haberdashery - online store. Keep an eye on the site as there are constant updates - men's trouser waist banding now in stock, plus some lovely Regency type cottons, and some very, very expensive printed linens.
- Fabric and some haberdashery supplies
- Brocade, church fabrics and orphrey braids.
James Hare Silks
- A company with wonderful silk taffetas. I only use their mail order service.
- A wide range of natural and synthetic fabrics, including corset fabrics.
- Also a company which supplies silks. Again, I use the mail order service.
The Cloth House
- Two shops, one with linen/wool/cotton type fabric, the other with everything else!
Phone: 020 7287 1555
Joel and Son Fabrics
- Hundreds of fabrics of all kinds, and great customer service. However, their fabrics can be very, very expensive.
Phone: 020 7724 6895
Address: 73-85 Church Street, London NW 8
Bernie the Bolt
- Vast range of linen, linen mix, wool and wool mix fabrics - some specially dyed for re-enactors. Contact for samples. Full mail order service - no shop.
Phone: 01480 453390
Email: [email protected]
Address: Bernard Hunt, Rectory Farmhouse, Cambridge Road, Godmanchester PE29 2BP
- Huge range of good quality wools, linens, silks, polyesters and modern fabrics, all very good value, and often cheaper than anywhere else.
Phone: 0208 743 3516
Address: 44 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush, London W12 8DH
- Haberdashery and craft supplies, and some corsetry supplies.
- Huge range of braids, ribbons, buttons, feathers and trimmings