These are almost all U.K. based, like me, making it easier for me to contact or visit them. I do not link with any company I have not bought from, or had dealings with.
- MacCulloch and Wallis
- Fabric, millinery, corsetry supplies and haberdashery - online store. Keep an eye on the site as there are constant updates - men's trouser waist banding now in stock, plus some lovely Regency type cottons, and some very, very expensive printed linens.
- Fabric and some haberdashery supplies
- M Perkins
- Brocade, church fabrics and orphrey braids.
- James Hare Silks
- A company with wonderful silk taffetas. I only use their mail order service.
- A wide range of natural and synthetic fabrics, including corset fabrics.
- Bennett Silks
- Also a company which supplies silks. Again, I use the mail order service.
- The Cloth House
- Two shops, one with linen/wool/cotton type fabric, the other with everything else!
Phone: 020 7287 1555
Address: 47 and 98 Berwick Street, London W1F 0QJ
- The Silk Society
- As it suggests, mainly silk fabrics
Phone: 020 7287 1881
Address: 44 Berwick Street, London, W1F 8SE
- The Berwick Street Cloth Shop
- Another silk and luxury fabric shop
Phone: 020 7287 2881
Address: 14 Berwick Street, London, W1F 0PP
- Broadwick Silks
- Mainly silk fabrics
Phone: 020 7734 3320
Address: Broadwick Silks, 9-11 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 0DB
- Joel and Son Fabrics
- Hundreds of fabrics of all kinds, and great customer service. However, their fabrics can be very, very expensive.
Phone: 020 7724 6895
Address: 73-85 Church Street, London NW 8
- Bernie the Bolt
- Vast range of linen, linen mix, wool and wool mix fabrics - some specially dyed for re-enactors. Contact for samples. Full mail order service - no shop.
Phone: 01480 453390
Email: [email protected]
Address: Bernard Hunt, Rectory Farmhouse, Cambridge Road, Godmanchester PE29 2BP
- Classic Textiles
- Huge range of good quality wools, linens, silks, polyesters and modern fabrics, all very good value, and often cheaper than anywhere else.
Phone: 0208 743 3516
Address: 44 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush, London W12 8DH
- Haberdashery and craft supplies, and some corsetry supplies.
- Barnett Lawson
- Huge range of braids, ribbons, buttons, feathers and trimmings
- Little Trimmings
- Small scale trimmings and lace, and a very helpful lady
- Catherine Delaney
- Superb milliner
- Annie the Pedlar
- Jewellery and Tudor/medieval artifacts, and baskets, among other treasures
- Pewter Replicas
- Tudor/medieval jewllery and other pewter artifacts
- Gina B
- Beautiful replicas of braid, purses, belts etc., mainly Medieval and Tudor.
- The Buckle Shop
- An online source of buckles, mostly modern
- Derek Easton
- Wigs - supplies wigs for most of my customers
- D.M. Buttons
- Covered buttons and stitched buttonholes and eyelets, a real timesaver. Also some ready made buttons, and some haberdashery
- F. Ciment (Pleating) Ltd.
- Commercial pleaters
Phone: 01707 661 311
Address: 18a Station Close, Potters Bar, Herts. EN6 1TL
- Silvan Ltd.
- Exquisite lace and trimmings - contact for samples
Phone: 020 8236 9500
Email: [email protected]
Address: 4 Forge Place, New Road, Elstree, Herts WD6 3EB